Check out these locations around Detroit Lakes to raise awareness and learn more about Domestic Violence.
- Throughout the month, please listen to Real Country 102, Wave 104.1, and KDLM 1340 am for information regarding domestic violence.
- On October 8th, listen to Hodgepodge at 8:30 am and Country Chat at 8:50 am
- The Clothesline Project will be displayed at M State on October 15-17 and at DLCCC on October 18-19.
The Clothesline Project is a national art project started by women in Massachusetts as a memorial to the victims and survivors of domestic violence. The project involves designing shirts to remember the victims who have been murdered due to domestic violence and child abuse. The shirts then are hung on a clothesline and displayed in a public location. The purpose is to create a visual memorial to the casualties and survivors of the war against women. READ MORE
- Central Market Bakery will have purple bakery items
- The Court House will have a DV recognition tree
- DV Bracelets, buttons, shirts, and posters will be plastered throughout the community